* Troy Steed scored his 1000th collegiate career points.
* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 85 - Penn State Berks: 82
* Records: Bryn Athyn (9-11, 7-8 NEAC) Berks (4-16, 4-12 NEAC)
* Location: Reading, Pa.
How It Happened:
In the previous meeting between both teams, Bryn Athyn College lost 83-81 on a late run by Penn State Berks. This time around, the Lions made sure the Nittany Lions did not make another late game run.
The Lions battled the Nittany Lions competitively in the first half. With the Lions attempting to increase their lead, the Nittany Lions answered back until a lay up at 6:44 gave the Nittany Lions a 25-23 lead for the last time of the game. From there, Bryn Athyn went on a 16-4 run that led the Lions to a double digit lead, 39-29, when Devante Laws hit two consecutive three pointers. The Lions would take a 42-33 lead at intermission.
In the second half, the Lions would extend their lead gradually and it was Steed, who not only scored four straight lay ups, but also gave the Lions their largest lead of the game, 65-49. The Nittany Lions would fight back and close their deficit to three points, 79-76, with 57 seconds left to play. Five seconds later, a foul by Nittany Lions put Steed at the free throw line for two shots. Not only did Steed make both free throws for an 81-76 lead, but the first shot secured Steed of his 1000th point of his collegiate career for Bryn Athyn College.
Lions' Top Performers
* Steed finished with team high 17 points and eight rebounds. He is also Bryn Athyn College Men's Basketball first ever 1000 point scorer in program history.
* Rahim Washington scored 14 points while grabbing seven boards.
* Rivera and Laws added 12 and 11 points respectively.
Nittany Lions Top Performers:
* Baba Waples scored game high 34 points on 12-of-30 shooting from the field.
* Joel Ellison and Darren Major scored 14 and 13 points respectively.
* Nelson Hines grabbed game high 10 rebounds.
Men's Basketball continues their NEAC schedule against SUNY POLY on Saturday, February 11 at 3:00 p.m.