Feb 07, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's ice hockey team (4-17-0) goes on the final for the final time this season when they head to Hershey to take on Lebanon Valley College (7-12-2) Friday night in Hersheypark Arena.
- The Lions are 2-11-0 away from home this season. In the 14 road/neutral site games, Bryn Athyn is averaging 2.2 goals per game and converting 10.1 percent (8-of-79) of its power plays. At home, Bryn Athyn has 2.71 goals per game and a 20.4 percent (10-of-49) power play.
- Tanner Congdon extended his points streak to three games, matching his longest of the season, with a goal in the Lions' last game against Wilkes. He is one of five players to record a point in three straight games this season. The longest points streak by a Bryn Athyn player is Devon Becker's five-game streak from Nov. 3 to Nov. 17.
- McKenzie Chalmers made 33 saves against Wilkes, giving him seven performances with at least 30 saves this season. Chalmers is ranked 16th in Division III with 543 saves. Chalmers has a 3.55 goals against average and a .887 save percentage.
- Lebanon Valley is led by Brett Johnson, who is tied for fifth in Division III with 1.62 points per game. Johnson has scored 18 goals, which is tied for second, and assisted on 16 others. Bryan Hovanec scored 11 times
- Bryn Athyn and Lebanon Valley split the season series last year with each time winning on its home ice. The Lions won their first-ever NCAA game in Junge Pavilion over the Dutchmen, 8-3, on Dec. 1, 2017. Lebanon Valley won the rematch 4-3 in overtime on Feb. 16, 2018 in Hershey.