* 2016-2017 Season Opener
* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 7, Moravian College: 9
* Record: Bryn Athyn (0-1) Moravian (1-0)
* Location: Bethlehem, Pa.
How It Happened:
Bryn Athyn College traveled to Bethlehem, Pa. to face Moravian College in their season opener today. In the first half, the Lions responded to every Greyhound's goal to even up the contest twice before intermission.
Following the break, an unassisted goal at 12:35 from junior midfielder Jon Carr put the Lions ahead 4-3 before the Greyhound even the score at 8:49, 4-4, when Austin Adams linked Alec Oriolo for a goal. Little after two minutes later (6:44), the Greyhound regained their lead, 5-4, with 6:44 left in the third period. Freshman attack James Vandegrift helped the Lions tie up one last time, 5-5, on his unassisted goal.
In the final period, the Greyhounds took advantage of the Lion's penalty to connect on a man-down opportunity and began to distance themselves, 7-5, along with another unassisted goal three minutes for an 8-5 advantage. The Lions was able to draw the deficit to two, but it would not be enough as the Greyhound escaped today's season opener with a 9-7 victory.
Lions Top Performers:
* Carr and Jesse Frazier each scored two goals. The former attempted four shots and picked up three ground balls while the latter attempted three shots with all three of them at goal.
* Brad DePasquale collected seven saves in his effort as the goalkeeper.
Greyhounds Top Performers:
* James Carroll finished with game high three goals.
* Jack Gozzard, Oriolo, and Mark LaRatta all scored two goals each to wrap up the Greyhound's scoring.
* Maclean Lincoln made nine saves at the goal post in the winning effort.
Men's Lacrosse will host Alfred State College next Saturday, March 11th, at 2:00 p.m. for the home opener.