* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 53- Wells College: 47
* Records: Bryn Athyn (11-3, 8-2 NEAC) Wells (4-8, 3-5 NEAC)
* Location: Bryn Athyn, Pa.
How It Happened:
Bryn Athyn College outscored Wells College the first half with 14-11 in the first quarter and held the Express to only six points in the second period as the Lions holds a 26-17 advantage at intermission.
In the opening third period, even though the Lions were able to extend their lead to 12 on a three pointer by Samantha Hicks, 29-17, the Express were able to pull within one point, 33-32, due to a 15-4 run. A jumper by Brittany Vick gave the Lions a 35-32 lead heading into the final stanza.
The Express started the fourth quarter scoring with a basket from Carley Ryan and Shelby Medovich that gave the visitors their first lead, 36-35, of the game. Allison Warren responded with a back-to-back three pointer to rejuvenate the Lion's offense and help regain the lead, 41-36. After Sarah Elizabeth Atunrase scored on a left handed lay up, the Express went on an 8-0 run to sit on top one last time, 44-43. Warren then hit another long range followed by seven free throws from the Lions in the final two minutes of regulation as the home team held on for a 53-47 victory.
Lions' Top Performers
* Kristina Clark finished with a double-double of 11 points and game high 12 rebounds.
* Hicks dished out game high nine assists while scoring team high 13 points.
Express' Top Performers:
* Medovich scored game high 16 points to go along with nine rebounds, three assists, and four steals.
* Ashida Cooper and Ryan finished with 13 and 10 points respectively.
Women's Basketball continues their NEAC schedule at Penn College on Wednesday, January 25 at 5:00 p.m.