* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 77- Penn College: 64
* Records: Bryn Athyn (12-3, 9-2 NEAC) Penn College (3-13, 3-9 NEAC)
* Location: Williamsport, Pa.
How It Happened:
Senior guard Kristina Clark was the only one to score for Bryn Athyn College in the first quarter as the Lions only totaled three points compared to five points from Penn College. In the second period, the Lions outscored the Wildcats 15-10 for a 18-15 lead into intermission.
The Wildcats tied the game early in the third quarter, 18-18, with a three pointer from Maddie Wenk, Sarah Elizabeth Atunrase then completed a traditional three-point play followed by a lay up from Samantha Hicks and a long range shot from Allison Warren for a brief 8-2 run to sit ahead 26-20. The Lions would close out the period leading 34-30.
In the final regulation play, the Lions found themselves ahead 47-36, their largest lead of the game, when Atunrase cleaned up a miss and scored on a put back lay up. Alicia Ross then knocked down four straight free throws for the Wildcats to draw the deficit to seven, 47-40. The Lions would hold on in the final minute to win 48-42 over the Wildcats.
Lions' Top Performers
* Clark finished with game high 15 points and 22 rebounds, six assists, three steals, and a block.
* Atunrase scored seven point on a perfect 3-of-3 shooting and 1-of-1 from charity stripe while hauling down nine rebounds and recorded game high three blocks.
Wildcats' Top Performers:
* Ross led three Wildcats in double-digit scoring with 14 points.
* Jane Herman and Gwendolyn Lavelle finished with 13 and 10 points respectively.
* Herman also grabbed 10 rebounds in her double-double effort.
Women's Basketball continues their NEAC schedule against Penn State- Abington on Saturday, January 28 at 1:00 p.m.