* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 82 - Penn State- Abington: 71
* Records: Bryn Athyn (16-3, 12-2 NEAC) Abington (9-10, 7-7 NEAC)
* Location: Abington, Pa.
How It Happened:
Bryn Athyn College started out the contest with five straight points for a 5-0 lead from Kristina Clark and Keana Schoennagle. Penn State Abington quickly turned the table by responding back with seven straight points for a 7-5 lead. The lead change would go back and forth throughout most of the plays, but it was the Lions that ended the first period with a 21-15 advantage.
In the second period, the Lions would stay ahead of the Nittany Lions and saw their lead to 10 on a three pointer from Schoennagle, 34-24 (2:59). The Nittany Lions responded back again to close out the period on a 9-4 run while the visiting team sits ahead 38-33 at intermission.
The Lions continue their stellar performance in the third quarter by outscoring the home team 25-15 toward a 63-48 lead heading into the final period. It was during the final period that the Lions saw their lead grew to 19 points, 73-54, on a lay up by Clark, their largest of the game. Abington came within eight points, 77-69, on free throws, but it was clutch plays from Sarah Elizabeth Atunrase and Clark that helped the Lions secure the 82-71 victory.
Lions Top Performers:
* Clark finished with game highs of 24 points and 18 rebounds, her 15th double-double of the season.
* Samantha Hicks also had a double-double with 10 points and rebounds.
* Schoennagle dropped 19 points while making 5-of-8 from long range territory.
* Brittany Vick scored 17 points on 7-of-12 (58%) shooting performance .
Nittany Lions Top Performers:
* Marah Hayes finished with 24 points, 12 rebounds, three assists, a block, and game high six steals.
* Shayna Rodriguez and Symantha Marrero scored 19 and 11 points respectively.
Women's Basketball continues their NEAC schedule on Wednesday, February 8, at Penn State- Berks at 6:00 p.m.