* Final Score: Bryn Athyn College: 78 SUNY Cobleskill: 71
* Records: Bryn Athyn (18-4, 14-3 NEAC) Cobleskill (13-10, 9-7 NEAC)
* Location: Bryn Athyn, Pa.
How It Happened:
In today's senior day proceeding, the game started with a see-saw battle between Bryn Athyn College and SUNY Cobleskills. During the first quarter, both teams had five lead changes and ties, but it was the Tigers leading the Lions 27-24 after the first period. With neither team leading more than five points in the second quarter, the Lions outscored the Tigers 18-12 and had a 42-39 lead at half time.
Coming out of intermission, the Tigers were led by Shelby Preston who was responsible for 15 of the Tiger's 20 points while Clark scored 10 of the Lion's 14 points in the third period. Similiar to the first period, back and forth battle with lead changes continued in the third quarter and it was the Tigers whom sat on top 59-56 heading into the final period.
After Preston scored on a lay up for the Tigers (61-56) in the opening fourth period, Samantha Hicks found Allison Warren for a successful three pointer while Warren also drew a foul. She then knocked down the free throw to complete a four-point play which not only energized the Lions team after trimming the deficit to one point, 61-60, but also brought Asplundh Field House crowds to their feet.
From there, both teams would battle to 67-67 tie one last time before Schoennagle found Hicks for an open jumper (1:53) to take a 69-67 lead. Little after 30 seconds later, Hicks found Clark for another lay up to go ahead 71-67 with 1:18 left. The Lions would end the contest with seven straight free throws to seal the 78-71 victory over the Tigers.
Lions Top Performers:
* Clark finished with 38 points, which ties her season high in single game scoring this year, on 11-of-19 (58%) shooting from the field and 16-of-17 (94%) from the free throw line. The 11 shots made and 16 free throws made also ties her season high. Clark also grabbed 14 rebounds while recording five assists and a block.
* Hicks scored 10 points while dishing out game high six assists.
* Sarah Elizabeth Atunrase grabbed 10 boards while swatting away game high six blocks.
Tigers Top Performers:
* Preston finished with 27 points and game high 15 rebounds, including seven of them on the offense glass.
* Shaliyah Graham scored 16 points and grabbed eight boards.
* Addy Lawson and Ashley Creighton scored 11 and 10 points respectively. The former also grabbed nine rebounds, six assists, and five steals while the latter hauled down seven rebounds and also recording an assists and a steal.
Women Basketball's NEAC schedule continues at 5:30 p.m on Tuesday , February 14, at Lancaster Bible College.