Jan 23, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. -- The Bryn Athyn College women's basketball team continues its busy week with the second of three games coming up on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. against Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) opponent Clarks Summit.
- Allie Warren and Clayshonia Cogmon scored 28 and 20 points, respectively, in the Lions' last outing against Cedar Crest. It is the sixth time in program history that Bryn Athyn has had two players score 20+ points in the same game. The last time it occurred before Tuesday night was Dec. 2, 2017 when Shaneika Smith (24 points) and Warren (21 points) accomplished the feat at Wilson College.
- After making a program-record eight 3-pointers, on only 12 attempts, in the game with Cedar Crest, Warren has taken over the CSAC lead for most 3-pointers made this season with 45 and 2.6 made per game. She is closing in on her own record of 54 made 3-pointers, which she made in her sophomore season of 2017-18. In addition to leading the CSAC in those categories, Warren is also the conference's top free throw shooter at 86.8 percent.
- Clayshonia Cogmon notched her ninth double-double of the season, matching her total from last season, after a 20-point, 12-rebound effort against Cedar Crest. She had one of those came in the first meeting against Clarks Summit (16 points, 15 rebounds). If Cogmon gets one more double-double, she will be the third player in Lion history to have at least 10 double-doubles in a single season. Hajaaha Stevens had 11 double-doubles in the 2013-14 season and Kristina Clark did it three times (2013-14 – 11, 2015-16 – 16, 2016-17 – 22). Clark holds the record for the most career double-doubles with 53.
- Randie Traxler is Clarks Summit's top player with 12.2 points per game and 6.29 rebounds per game. Traxler is ninth in the CSAC in scoring and 15th in rebounding. In the first meeting between Bryn Athyn and Clarks Summit, Traxler was the Defenders' top player with nine points and eight rebounds, both team highs.
- Bryn Athyn is 2-0 all-time against Clarks Summit. In the most recent meeting, the Lions picked up a 44-26 victory over the Defenders on Jan. 5 in Asplundh Field House. Bryn Athyn pulled out a 50-45 overtime victory in the first-ever meeting between the schools on Nov. 30, 2017 at Clarks Summit.