Jan 26, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's basketball team welcomes Cairn to Asplundh Field House for a Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) contest Saturday afternoon.
- The Lions put together one of their best offensive performances of the 2018-19 in their victory over Clarks Summit on Thursday night. The Lions posted 61 points, the third-most in a game, and shot a season-high 43.1 percent from the floor. Bryn Athyn also made 12 free throws, the second-most in a single game. The Lions snapped their 14-game losing streak away from Asplundh Field House.
- Clayshonia Cogmon continued her strong run of play on Thursday night with 25 points and 18 rebounds to record her 10th double-double this year, a career-high for the most double-doubles in a season. She is the third player in program history to reach 10 double-doubles in a year. Cogmon—who is averaging 15.4 points and a conference-high 11.2 rebounds per game—posted back-to-back 20-point games for the first time.
- Alexis Mitchem grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds and scored nine points, tying her career-high, in Bryn Athyn's win over Clarks Summit. Mitchem catapulted up to fifth on the team in rebounding with 4.1 per game.
- Cairn enters Saturday's game on a three-game winning streak. The Highlanders are the second-best rebounding team in the league with 44.1 per game. Kendra Strum is fifth in the league in scoring with 14.1 points per game.
- Saturday is the first time that Bryn Athyn will host Cairn since Jan. 27, 2014—an 84-34 win for the Lions. Cairn tied the all-time series at 1-1 with a 73-64 overtime triumph on Jan. 12 in Langhorne.