Posted: Sep 04, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College field hockey team hits the road for the first time this year to take on Neumann in a non-conference match.
- Brittany Gunther had a program-record four defensive saves last Saturday, breaking the previous record of three that was shared by Eve Miller and Erin Gibson. Gunther is tied for the NCAA Division III lead in defensive saves.
- Kailey Brower recorded a career-high 17 saves in the season-opener against Centenary (N.J.). The 17 saves are the most by a Colonial States Athletic Conference goalie so far this season. Her previous best was 16 against Moravian on Sept. 15, 2018. She is ranked second in Division III in saves per game and ninth in total saves. The program record for saves in a game belongs to Macey Mitchell, who stopped 24 shots against Delaware Valley on Oct. 11, 2017.
- Eve Miller scored her third career goal when she scored on a penalty corner in the first quarter of the season opener.
- Bryn Athyn is seeking its first road victory in program history.
- The Lions and Knights are meeting for the second consecutive season. In the first-ever meeting between the teams last season, Neumann earned a 2-1 win on Sept. 4, 2018 on General Ronald K. Nelson Field.