• Social Media: Twitter
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's basketball team (1-11, 1-3 CSAC) is looking to build off the momentum of its first win of the season when it travels to Rosemont (9-3, 3-0 CSAC) for a Colonial States Athletic Conference contest Tuesday night.
- Bryn Athyn is coming off its best defensive performance of the season in its 44-26 win over Clarks Summit. The Lions held the Defenders to 21.7 percent shooting, the lowest by an opponent this season. The 26 points allowed are a season low and the fewest given up since a 67-23 victory over the College of Notre Dame on Dec. 17, 2013.
- Clayshonia Cogmon recorded her fifth double-double of the year in last Saturday's triumph with 16 points and 15 rebounds, both game highs. Cogmon now has 14 career double-doubles. She has led the team in scoring seven times, including the last two games.
- The Lions have been a very good fourth-quarter team through 12 games having won the final 10 minutes seven times., including Saturday by a 15-10 margin Bryn Athyn is outscoring its opponents 181-159.
- The Lions are playing away from Asplundh Field House for the ninth time, compared to just four home games. In the eight games away from home (seven away, one neutral), Bryn Athyn is averaging 47.4 points (-0.1 than at home) and shooting 30.3 percent from the field (30.5 percent at home).
- Bryn Athyn is taking on Rosemont for the second time in program history. The first meeting between the teams occurred last season with the Ravens picking up a 95-36 home win over the Lions on Nov. 25, 2017.