Posted: Jan 17, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's basketball team (1-14, 1-6 CSAC) goes back on the road to take on Wilson College (8-6, 3-4 CSAC) in a Colonial States Athletic Conference battle on Friday, Jan. 18 at 6 p.m. in Chambersburg.
- Clayshonia Cogmon recorded her seventh double-double of the season with 12 points and 14 rebounds in the Lions' last game against Notre Dame. In her freshman season, Cogmon posted nine double-doubles. Cogmon is ranked second in the CSAC in rebounding (10.6 per game) and steals (46), and fourth in scoring (14.3 points per game).
- Alisha McKnight tied her career high of five assists in the loss to Notre Dame. It was McKnight's third five-assist game of the season. McKnight is eighth in the CSAC with 38 assists and ninth with 2.5 assists per game.
- Allie Warren is the Lions' top scorer in CSAC play with 13.6 points per game in the seven conference games, compared to 12.0 points during the non-conference schedule. She is the CSAC leader in free throw percentage at 87.2 percent and tied for the conference lead with 34 made 3-pointers. Warren is second in the CSAC with 2.3 made 3-pointers per game and seventh in scoring with 12.7 points per game.
- Wilson has the league's top two scorers in Lindsey Purvis and Kai Wyatt. Purvis is the CSAC leader in scoring with 17.7 points per game and also tops in made free throws with 50 and field goal percentage at 56.6 percent. Wyatt—who is tied for the most 3-pointers in the league with 34—sits second in the league in scoring with 16.9 points per game.
- Bryn Athyn leads the all-time series with Wilson by a 7-2 margin. The Lions won the first seven games in the series before Wilson earned a 74-65 win in Chambersburg and a 66-55 victory in Asplundh Field House last season. The Lions are 3-1 when playing the Phoenix on their home court.