Posted: Feb 01, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's basketball team (3-17, 3-9 CSAC) begins the final month of the regular season with a trip to Keystone (10-10, 7-5 CSAC) for a Colonial States Athletic Conference game.
- Bryn Athyn will play three of their final four games away from Asplundh Field House. The Lions are averaging 50.7 points and shooting 32.1 percent from the floor in road/neutral site games compared to 49.5 points and a 31.6 shooting percentage at home.
- Two key factors in Bryn Athyn's victories this season have been rebounding and turnovers. In the Lions three wins, the team is averaging 46.3 rebounds per game, outrebounding opponents by 11.3, and committing 18.0 turnovers. In the losses, the Lions rack up 38.4 rebounds per game, get outrebounded by 7.1 rebounds, and average 23.9 turnovers.
- Allie Warren has enjoyed playing against the CSAC this season as she is averaging a CSAC-best 17.2 points per game in the 12 conference games. In conference play, Warren has made 39 3-pointers and is shooting 35.1 percent from behind the arc, both CSAC highs. During the non-conference slate, Warren had 12.0 points per game and shot 23.7 percent from behind the arc.
- Clayshonia Cogmon is one of three players in the CSAC averaging a double-double. Cogmon has a conference-best 11.1 rebounds per game and is fourth in the league in scoring with 15.2 points per game. Cogmon had a string of six straight games with a double-double snapped in the last game against Rosemont. She has a career-best 11 double-doubles this season.
- Bryn Athyn is 1-1 all-time against Keystone. The Lions claimed the first meeting between the teams, 59-54 in La Plume on Dec. 17, 2017. This season, Keystone defeated Bryn Athyn 83-42 on Dec. 1 in Asplundh Field House.